Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Setting Sail!

Hi everyone!  While I do have a couple of blog posts that I've scheduled for next week, it's going to be pretty quiet here on my blog for a bit.  Why? you ask...  Well, I'm going on a jewelry making vacation to the Caribbean!  Do not adjust your monitors, you heard me right.  My friend Kathleen and I are setting sail on the Bead Cruise with 48 other folks in just a couple of days.




I honestly can't believe that I haven't mentioned this trip here before... I guess that I've just been too wrapped up in other things and trying to get everything ready.  I can assure you that my silence isn't because of a lack of enthusiasm!

I had seen mention of the Bead Cruise in past years, but I think it was the series of post-cruise posts over on the Art Bead Scene blog last spring was what put me over the edge to decide to go in 2014.  I'm not going to lie, the giveaway ABS did with an extra gift bag from the cruise may have been the tipping point.  Don't judge me... there was so much beady goodness!!  You can see what I mean HERE.  

I'm looking forward to the three classes I'm taking over the course of the trip as well as the extra activities like the beading pajama party and disco-themed cocktail party.  Most of all, I'm looking forward to meeting some of my online friends in person for the first time and making lots of new friends that share a love of jewelry making.  (The relaxation aspect and warmer weather will be lovely too!)

I promise a full report on all the fun, friends, and beads when I get back.  Now I better get on with my packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment