Monday, June 2, 2014

New Earring Monday: Weeks 21 & 22

So... how on earth did it get to be June already??  Seriously, this year is speeding by waaay too fast for my comfort!  That being said, it's time for New Earring Monday again and a couple of new designs from me.

First up is a pair that I technically started on before Christmas when I embossed and painted the little Vintaj brass leaves.  And then they sat, and sat until now.  They finally made their way off my beading board and into a pair of summery green earrings.  I just added some Czech glass rondelles and foliage bead caps from Vintaj to keep them fun and simple.


Next is a pair that was inspired in part by a pair of earrings that Heather Powers made for her fabulous mom Beverly Herman for Mother's Day.  I've used several of my stash of Heather's disc beads, but I never thought of using the Vintaj Arte Metal Savannah Butterfly charms on earrings.  I think I thought they might be too big... but no more!  So, apologies for being derivative, but the pairing of the bronzy green disc beads from Humblebeads with the butterflies that I had used some African Bronze Gilders Paste on was just too perfect to pass up!


Enjoy the week!  Summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment