Monday, November 17, 2014

New Earring Monday: Weeks 45 & 46

I'm often guilty of getting pieces of projects going and even knowing exactly what I want to do to complete them and then not getting them done.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who falls into this trap.  It's usually a case of running out of time before a big event and then just not getting back around to those partially thought out projects afterwards because something new (shiny!) caught my imagination.

Well, the theme for this week's installment of New Earring Monday is catching up on languishing projects!  So now at least two projects from the item of misfit projects have been completed for your earring viewing pleasure.  

I made the little resin drops when I was prepping for the Art Wander back in September. I even picked out the Czech glass beads to go with each set, but actually digging out the sterling silver wire seemed to be the rate limiting step and they just didn't get finished in time.  Next, I thought I'd revisit them before the opening reception for my show at Unearthed Arts... but a need for more necklaces trumped earring making.

Well, finally, these little lovelies are finished and seeing the light of day!  It's not that they were that complicated... I just had to get around to them.  I just took these over to Unearthed Arts and added them to my show.




Do you have projects that have gotten shunted off to the side?  I'd love to hear what they are and how you get inspired to return to them!

1 comment:

  1. My projects that get shunted to the side are ones where I hit construction snags. If I really want to finish them, I generally redesign. But sometimes it's quite a while. I really love this style of earring and the happy colors you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete