Monday, April 6, 2015

New Earring Monday '15: Weeks 13 & 14

Hello, and welcome back to my newest installment of New Earring Monday!  I'm posting a little later than usual this week... but it's still Monday!  Apologies for my photos... I was seriously fighting both time and the light.

This time around it's going to be the Twin Cities Bead Bazaar edition.  A couple of weeks ago, my friend and fellow jewelry designer Marcia and I went to this local bead show where we had a ton of fun and bought ridiculous amounts of fun new beads and supplies.  It's not a huge show, it's held in a gymnasium at a community center, but there are always plenty of treasures to be found!  (By the way, you can check out Marcia's website HERE... she creates great stuff!)

You might be thinking, well that's great, but what does that have to do with earrings?  Well, this week's post features earrings that I made with some of the great art beads I bought at the show!  

First up a pair of earrings featuring lovely lampwork from Jeff Barber.  I was drawn to the colors and patterns in this little pair.  They give off a sort of Monet feel to me that I loved.  They feel springy, but still subdued.  I added some little pewter flower petal spacers (also from the bead show) and some blue Czech glass.


My second pair features a cool set of little flowers from Tanya McGuire.  Pictures really don't do them justice... they are an amazing grey black with some iridescence.  They look almost oily, but in a really good way!  (I used a bigger version of one of these guys in red for the February Art Bead Scene Challenge.  You can check that out HERE if you missed it.)  I wire wrapped them with some fun silver plated "pringle" spacers from and plated hematite from the bead show and added a little bit of chain with faceted hematite and some silver plated charms for movement.






get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the flowers! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great, but I'm with Linda about the flowers! I hope you are keeping those for yourself. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete