Friday, April 17, 2015

We're All Ears: April 2015

Once again, Erin Prais-Hintz has come up with some amazing inspiration for us to play with for the We're All Ears monthly challenge over on the Earrings Everyday blog.  For this month, she has chosen a selection of photos of the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia, Spain.  This complex was created to honor the melding of science, technology, nature, and art.  You can see more photos and read more about it over on the Earrings Everyday blog HERE.




I took inspiration from the great expanses of windows in many of these structures... and also the pointy bits at the top of that last picture.  I've been having LOTS of fun making earrings with a variety of decorivets from Vintaj lately, so this pair was a natural extension of that play.

I grabbed a pair of the diamond shaped decorivets that I had just bought that have a great marcasite type texture to them (echoing the pointy bits I mentioned earlier) and paired them with some faceted pyrite puff squares.  The shine and facets of the pyrite made me think of the windows and the puff shape reflected the curves that these structures all share.


This is a blog hop, check out what everyone else was inspired to make this month!



11 comments:

  1. Yes! I have a tons of these decorivets that I never remember that I have! I am not sure that I have this one. I like the marcasite texture and the way that mimics the 'pointy bits' as you say! And the color of pyrite has always been one of my favorites, fool that I am! Thanks for playing along in the We're All Ears challenge. Check back on May 1st for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the edgy design of the earrings. The combination of the different shapes make them visually interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quietly fascinating. You could wear those 365 days a year and not get tired of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great interpretation of the shapes of the structures. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage rustic vibe these have which of course having a vintage shop is right up my street - gorgeous earrings!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these earrings - the texture and shapes and mix of metals. I have some decorivets and haven't seen them used before so this was a bit instructive as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed the "pointy bits" also but couldn't figure out how to represent them. What a fabulous idea to use these rivets. It's nice to see a clever use of them. I love the pyrite beads. Love these earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beads you used! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully designed! I really like your use of the decorivets for the pointy bits! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I like these very much. I never noticed the pointy things untill I read your post! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete