Monday, October 5, 2015

New Earring Monday: Weeks 39 and 40

Hey folks... it's already New Earring Monday again!  I have to admit that the last two weeks haven't been super productive in the earring department.  Leading up to the Art Wander I was in mostly bracelet and necklace mode.  The week after the show was mostly spent tagging jewelry and restocking my area at Unearthed Arts... and recuperating from a busy September!  I welcome October and a (hopefully) slightly less hectic schedule.

I haven't been a total slacker.  I did manage to complete two of the four special orders that came out of the Art Wander that were for earrings.  So I guess that's my theme this time!

First up, a pair of earrings made for a new customer.  She brought me a pair of earrings on long, arched ear wires with some bright lampwork beads.  She liked the style but wanted something more neutral.  I didn't have any art beads that fit the bill for her, but I was able to pull out a couple of other boxes of beads to show her some options.  She ended up liking some Czech glass saucer beads in s funky iridescent light blue and brown.  There's color there but it's subtle.


My other special order came from an ex-coworker who found a necklace that she loved but needed earrings to go with it.  Again, I was able to pull out some of my bead boxes to show her some options for custom earrings.  (This is one of the best things about being a studio on the tour instead of a guest artist... I've got all my supplies at my fingertips and can easily adapt a jewelry piece or make something new for a customer.)






get the InLinkz code

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of the first pair - so sweet and the ear wires add some flair. Job well done! =)

    The 2nd pair are ADORABLE! I love love love the rope spacers! SO cute!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete