Monday, November 30, 2015

New Earring Monday: Weeks 47 and 48

As another year of New Earring Monday posts winds down, I hope that you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving last week.  I think I may still be in a turkey coma, but earrings wait for no man (or bird!)  This is a very special New Earring Monday for me since, in addition to the two pairs I'm sharing here on my blog, I'm also a guest blogger over at Earrings Everyday today!  I'm so honored to have been asked to do a post for one of my favorite blogs about my favorite thing to make.  I hope you'll check out that post HERE.

When I got the invitation to be a guest blogger I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to share over there so I worked up a few different pairs.  For this installment of New Earring Monday I'm sharing the other two pairs that were under consideration.

First up, I received a couple of ceramic headpins from the talented Mary Harding (thanks, Mary!!).  The colors made me think of some photos of tulips we took on a trip to Amsterdam and I ran with that idea.  Here is a little taste of my inspiration.


Since the headpins were mismatched, I went for asymmetry but tried to keep things pretty balanced.  Sometimes it feels like I have all the flower beads, so I knew that I could find suitable "tulips" to top my little earring stacks in colors to coordinate with the headpins.  To round things out, I chose a piece of faceted carnelian (one of my faves!) and an English cut Czech glass bead plus silver plated bead caps and wavy discs.  I realize that mismatched can be challenging for some customers, but hopefully these little cuties will find a good home.  Personally, I'm just proud of myself for getting brave and actually using fancy headpins instead of being terrified of messing them up! 


My second pair is a rare foray into making post style earrings.  I bought these cute copper plated flower earrings from Ezel Findings when Lima Beads was discontinuing them.  (Not only are they adorable, but I also appreciate that the post itself is sterling... great for folks with metal sensitivities.)  Anyway, I attached lengths of decorative leaf chain to the loop on the bottom of the flowers and then further embellished the chain with some tiny crystals in a teal and bronze color.


Now it's your turn!  Please add your links to your own earring creation in the comments.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too!


3 comments:

  1. Love it that you found a place for this mismatchedf pair in such a lovely set of earrings!! I am so pleased to be a part of this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words... and for the awesome headpins! :)

      Delete
  2. I love these as usual! I can't believe the year is almost done. I hope your open house went well!

    I'm squeaking in under the deadline, but my earrings are up at : http://amyalessio.com/?p=9785

    ReplyDelete