Monday, December 28, 2015

New Earring Monday: Weeks 51 and 52

Well, it looks like it's the end of another year of New Earring Mondays for me!  Time just keeps flying on by!  With the holidays and trying to get out a last batch of special orders, I haven't had a ton of extra time or energy for creating, but I did manage to eek out a couple of last pairs of earrings for the year. 

Actually, this first pair of earrings was one of those special orders!  One of our neighbor girls had been asking me if had any hot pink earrings back at my Holiday Open House.  Sadly, I did not, but I did show her a set of beads from Heather Powers of Humblebeads and they were just the ticket!  Her ears are newly pierced, so the lightweight polymer clay paired with sterling silver was a perfect choice!  They ended up being a Christmas present... I hope she loved them!


Next up is a pair of earrings that I made to go with one of my new snowflake necklaces.  I love the crackle effect of the matte crystal quartz... perfect for a Winter Wonderland look!  


Since this is my last New Earring Monday of the year, I'm throwing in a bonus pair!  This last pair was another special order for someone at Unearthed Arts.  A gentleman wanted a pair of earrings to go with one of my necklaces that he was buying so I made two different pairs to give him options.  The ones he chose were a version of a pair that I've already shared here, so I'm sharing the pair that he passed over.  I love fluorite so it's tempting to keep these babies for myself!


I just want to say a special thank you to everyone who has played along with me this year in my little earring challenge.  It's been so much fun seeing what each of you has created and also to see you grow and try new things!  (Don't forget to put your links in the comments below.)  I also want to thank my readers who have followed me through all my crazy earring adventures!      

I think I'm going to take some time off from New Earring Monday for a while (I've been doing it for over 2 years now!) to make room for some other challenges and projects.  Do not fear, I LOVE earrings and will keep on making tons of them... I hope you'll keep creating too! 

1 comment:

  1. Sarajo these are so lovely. Hot pink is actually my favorite color. I have outfits that would look great with all three of these! How can this year be over already? I'm hoping you'll host something else in the future - a monthly necklace challenge, perhaps? :) But you and your exquisite work inspire me as is. Happy New Year, talented lady!
    http://amyalessio.com/?p=9806

    ReplyDelete