Monday, July 24, 2017

We're All Ears July 2017: Visual Music

This month's challenge for We're All Ears over on the Earrings Everyday blog truly was a challenge for me!  Erin threw down her beady gauntlet and asked us to make earrings inspired by visual representations of music.  She gave us tons of amazing examples from two different artists and I spent a good amount of time mesmerized by the patterns trying to get earring ideas to bubble to the surface of my brain.

I finally decided on Stephen Malinowski's representation of Ghost Waltz by Situm.  There was something about the vertical strings of circles that made me think dangling earrings.  You can see more examples of visual music over on the Earrings Everyday blog HERE.



In my haul of new beads from Golem Design Studio that I just picked up at the Bead & Button show, I happened to have some small lentil beads that felt right for this challenge.  I wanted to play with several of the ideas that I found in the visual music... the chain of circles going from larger to smaller, the lines connecting them, the dots themselves, and to some extent the colors.  In the middle of the musical piece, the dots end up being connected at more of an angle... it's not quite the spiral effect of the lentil beads, but still angular and also busier.  I'm pretty happy with these fun and bright ear bobs and glad that I didn't give up when the challenge seemed too, well, challenging!  


Stop by and see what everyone else created for this unique earring challenge over on the Earrings Everyday blog HERE.


7 comments:

  1. I love it! The colors and textures are so vibrant and fun. I really adore these visual music representations and hadn't seen this one. I can see a whole series based on this idea, can't you? So glad you could find the time in your busy schedule to do this month's challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your earrings capture the overall spirit of the visualisation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Golem beads that you used. They are perfect with the other beads for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your earrings are a darling representation of the musical visualization.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the flow of these earrings... I think they definitely match the inspiration, and they're super fun to boot. As always, lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I'm fascinated how people have shown the visual music in jewelry.

    ReplyDelete