Thursday, January 4, 2018

Inspiration for the Honey Do List January 2018

This marks the beginning of the third year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... Welcome to the Honey Do List 2018!  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along!  

Sorry for the slight delay in getting this out to you all... we've been crazy busy around here with a variety of things including three brand new nine week old kittens.  Bring on the furry chaos!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


After last month's fairly monochromatic challenge I wanted to find something a little more colorful.  I took this shot of a lorakeet at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh a few years back when Sj and I took a trip to visit Andrew and William in Ligonier for some jewelry making classes.  For a few dollars more you could hold a cup of nectar and the lorakeets would land on you and drink their fill.  This bird was actually perched on Sj's arm!  While taking this shot, another adventurous lorakeet decided to take a poo on my shoulder...resulting in much amusement all around.

The reveal date will be Monday, January 29th.  To make it super easy for you to participate and share your creations, I'll set up an Inlinkz link up so folks can add their blogs as they are ready.  Just stop by my blog starting on January 29th and join the fun!  I'll leave the link up open for a while... so you have plenty of time to add your links.  (Last month's is still open... check it out HERE.)  No blog?  No worries!  Feel free to send me a picture of your creation and some brief comments and I'll happily share in my blog post.  You can reach me at sjdesignsjewelry@gmail.com  The more the merrier, so I hope you'll play along with me this month!

P.S. Here's a pic of Eric sporting his "prize" for getting pooped on!  


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! The name of the parrot sounds like my name...lolol That will be my new nickname..lol Hopefully I'll get to play around if things stay calm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting as usual and quite inspirational!

    ReplyDelete